Your Contact Details
Your contact details will allow us to communicate with you for the arranged pick up point at the agreed time, however we would be obliged if you would call us as soon as possible to make any changes in the booking so that we can try to accommodate this into the pickup schedule, failure to do so may result in the vehicle leaving without you, for which we are not responsible.
We will send you following text message for each booking
- Booking confirmation for pre-bookings having booking details
- At the time of dispatch having details of the taxi and a link to track your taxi
- At the time of arrival
- Thanks message after completion of the journey
GOLDSTAR TAXIS cannot accept responsibility if you miss your flight/train/coach/etc due to the following:
- Incorrect information supplied at the time of booking
- It is your responsibility to inform the company of any details about your journey, which may be vital importance such as Flight Number, Check in Times, Train Departure Times, etc. This is not the responsibility of GOLDSTAR TAXIS to enquire.
- If you do not show up at the agreed date and time
- If you do not show up at the agreed pickup point
- If you have excess luggage we have not been informed about, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If you have more passengers than the type of taxi booked, you may be refused to travel with us.
- If your conduct is unacceptable in our vehicles, towards other passengers or the driver, you may be refused to travel with us.
- You should consider road works and traffics, when you plan your journey
- You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to allow for the check-in times required by your airline. We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport MIN 2 HOURS prior to flight departure. We won’t be held responsible if you miss your flight due to nonconforming the minimum hours specified to plan your journey
Conduct in our vehicles:
- you MUST behave in a manner that you would expect others to behave towards you.
- In appropriate behaviour towards fellow passengers or driver may see you refused travel with us.
- No drinking or eating is permitted in our vehicles.
- No smoking is permitted in our vehicles.
- Anyone who is under the influence of alcohol or other substances may be refused to travel with us.
- Use our own approved drivers wherever possible but use of third party companies when required to ensure appropriate service.
There are circumstances out with our control for which we accept no responsibility for, these are as follows, but not limited to:
- Weather conditions (Snow/Flooding/etc)
- Excessive traffic
- Road closures
- Mechanical failures
- Any events that negatively influence normal journey times.
- The company and it’s member drivers cannot be held responsible for any actual or consequential financial or professional loss, missed travel connections (flights/trains/coach etc.) due to the late or non-arrival of any taxi vehicle.
- Every effort will be made by GOLDSTAR TAXI to ensure that the taxi will arrive on time and reach destinations on time. The Company shall not be held responsible or liable for any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
- Licensed taxis are insured for passenger and third party claims as per council regulations, however customers personal property is carried entirely at their own risk and the company shall not be liable or held responsible for any loss or damage to said property.
- The company and its member drivers reserve the right to refuse to carry passengers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who in the opinion of the driver pose a threat to him/herself or his/her vehicle.
- It is the customers obligation to actively seek out our designated taxi booked with us, also to provide a working mobile or landline telephone number. The company and its member drivers will do all they reasonably can to ensure the taxi is waiting in an appropriate place for customers to find and will assist customers at all times.
- Payment towards all bookings above £20 and the pick is outside local area of Norwich should made in full and may or may not be refundable subject to subsequent clauses contained within these Terms & Conditions.
- All bookings accepted by the company will be bound by these terms and conditions and customers will be deemed to have read and understood them when booking.
- Proceeding with a booking (either online, by email, or by telephone) infers that the customer has read and agreed to these “Terms and Conditions”.
- Soiling – There will have to be an additional charge for soiling (4-Seater £100, 8-Seater £150, Executive £150).
- When the booking requires the taxi to be parked in a Car Park (e.g. waiting for the customer at an airport), the customer will be charged the Car Park Fees and waiting time charges in addition to the taxi fare.
- In the event of a “No-show” by the customer, or if a confirmed booking is cancelled by the Customer after dispatching the taxi, all monies paid will be totally non-refundable.
- Waiting time cost will be applied to the fare if the customer will not be present at the designated pickup location at the time of pickup on the booking.
- We will pull our taxi back, if the passenger/passengers didn’t arrive on the pickup time at the pickup location if we didn’t receive any additional information from the customer or unable to contact the customer.
GOLDSTAR NORWICH LTD (Known as GOLDSTAR TAXIS) 56 Whiffler Road, Norwich NR3 2AY you” and “your” means any individual, company or other business that places the booking with us.
2.1. You must allow sufficient time when booking your taxi to allow for the check-in times required by your airline and for any delays caused by traffic conditions, technical problems, car breakdown, etc. GOLDSTAR TAXI shall not be responsible for any delay caused by your failure to allow enough time to reach your destination or if the passengers are not ready for collection at the booked time.
2.2. You must order a suitable car size for the number of passengers and luggage. GOLDSTAR TAXI cannot guarantee to carry excessive amounts of luggage or more number of passenger for the type of taxi booked. Please note that a child, no matter what age, counts as one passenger.
3. The Service.
3.1. All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height.
3.2. GOLDSTAR TAXI will not carry more passengers than its insurance or licensing allows.
4.1 If for whatever reason you need to cancel your reservation, please contact us as soon as possible. Cancellations after dispatching the taxi may will still be charged at full.
4.2. GOLDSTAR TAXI at its sole discretion, reserve the right to refund or not charge any cancellation fee if we can successfully cancel the driver in time before he/she is dispatched to collect you. (Subject to: The driver has not missed out on other journeys/work, other passenger/s and or other journeys are not affected).
4.3. GOLDSTAR TAXI will always do everything possible to ensure recovery of full payment for *No Show” & “Non travelling confirmed” private & sharing taxi booking passenger/s.
4.4. No responsibilities for costs are to be refunded to any passengers who do not show or wait for their driver or take alternative transport.
4.5. All other circumstances where a refund may be possible should be addressed directly with GOLDSTAR TAXI customer services.
4.7. Please note that calls may be recorded for future reference and training purposes.
5.1.GOLDSTAR TAXI shall use all reasonable endeavours to get you to your destination on time but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond its control on the journey. Under no circumstances shall GOLDSTAR TAXI be liable for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatever.
5.2. All luggage is carried entirely at your risk. GOLDSTAR TAXI recommends you have personal adequate travel insurance in force.
5.3. GOLDSTAR TAXI shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control. If the car breaks down during your journey GOLDSTAR TAXI will endeavour to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable. GOLDSTAR TAXI recommends you have personal adequate travel insurance in force.
5.4. You shall indemnify GOLDSTAR TAXI against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
5.5. Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
6. Termination & Complaints
6.1.GOLDSTAR TAXI will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and we will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. No refunds will be given if the journey is terminated part way through the hire.
At GOLDSTAR TAXIS, we believe that if a customer wishes to file a complaint or express dissatisfaction, it should be easy for them to do so. It is GOLDSTAR TAXIS’s policy to receive complaints and consider them as an opportunity to learn, adapt, improve and provide better service.
In addition, a quick resolution of complaints, in a way that respects and values the person’s feedback, can be one of the most important factors in recovering the persons confidence about a product/service offered by the company. It can also help prevent further escalation of the complaint.
7.2. Timescales for handling a complaint
7.2.1. Acknowledgement within 2-3 working days.
7.2.2. Full response within 5-7 working days.
8.1. GOLDSTAR TAXI may subcontract its obligations under this Agreement. You shall not assign, transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
8.2. GOLDSTAR TAXI may change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes. All existing bookings will be at the rate quoted or applicable rate in effect at the time of booking.
8.3. GOLDSTAR TAXI shall store, process and use all information regarding your personal details in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
8.4. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer any benefit on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, and no third party shall have the right to enforce any rights under this Agreement except where otherwise agreed in writing.
9. Conveying of children
9.1. UK law states that taxis are exempt from legislation relating to children travelling in a baby/child seat or booster, more details of the legislation can be found here. GOLDSTAR TAXI cannot provide child seats you must make your own arrangement.
10.Circumstances out of our control
10.1. While we will do everything, we can ensure that we get you to the destination on time there are circumstances out with our control for which we accept no responsibility for, these are as follows, but not limited to: –
- All adverse weather conditions, including high winds at the Forth Road & Tay Road Bridges
- All Forth Road & Tay Road Bridge restrictions and closures.
- Excessive traffic
- Accidents, Car breakdown, etc
- Personal items, belongings inclusive of lost and left luggage
10.2. All passengers are advised to have adequate travel insurance prior to booking.
GOLDSTAR TAXIS does not accept responsibility for any personal belongings/items inside the taxi vehicles or inside any roof boxes/luggage transporters.
10.3. We advise passengers to plan to arrive at the airport/train station/coach station/etc with plenty of time of departure to allow for possible unpredicted delays on route to or from the airport.
10.4. GOLDSTAR TAXIS will not be responsibility for any passengers missing their flight/tain/coach/etc under any circumstances.
11.1.GOLDSTAR TAXI uses the personal information given by visitors to this website when submitting forms only to improve our products and services.
Safeguarding your personal information is important to GOLDSTAR TAXI and it recognises the responsibility you entrust it with when providing your personal data.
12. The Data Protection Act
12.1. We use the information you give us lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Your personal data is stored securely to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
12.2. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
12.3. The Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
12.4. Service Providers:
To process your booking, we will only share your personal information with our drivers and another taxi operator selected to provide the service to you, but only as much necessary to perform these functions and improve our service.
12.5 Third party taxi operators won’t be allowed to use this information for their own benefit.
13.1. Upon booking our services we will not release any of your submitted data to other parties.
13.2. After booking and in the event the service needs to be carried out by a third party registered taxi service provider, we will only share following details in confidentiality:
13.3. Name – Phone number – Pick up time and date – Drop off address – Luggage description and the number of passengers
14. Third party services:
14.1. GOLDSTAR TAXI uses Google Analytics to help understand use of our Services.
14.2. Google, Analytics collects the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address.
14.3. Third party sites:
14.3.1. Our site may contain links to and from other websites, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
14.3.2. Check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.